8.05.2009

Other potential plans...

My friend Laura has suggested a spray collar that's controlled by remote. This is a veeeeeery interesting idea, and I am considering investing in one. When Parky was young, we borrowed a sound activated spray collar from one of our doggy park friends. I thought we could try using it on Saturday/Sunday mornings when he's in his pen and barks his head off starting at 6ish. I'll admit that we chickened out and never used it. I was worried about whether or not it would traumatize him, and if his little puggy nose and eyes would be bothered by the citronella that's sprayed. (I can be very overprotective, fyi.)

But at this point, I think that using the remote spray collar at the park when he goes to eat wood chips may not be a bad idea. Laura also reminded me that it's slightly insane for 3 or 4 of us to go running around the park after him with spray bottles.

...

For the past ten minutes, I have been trying to find information online about pugs and spray collars. I didn't find much, except one book that suggested pug eyes can be irritated by too much exposure to the spray. As you know, pugs have the bug-eyed syndrome, coupled with zero snout, so they always get more in their eyes than breeds with noses.

Thoughts?

No comments: