10.08.2009

We're back

Dogs are adaptable. This is what I've always told friends who are going through major life changes. I'm sure that I've even said, "dogs are more adaptable then people, so don't worry." But when it's you and your dog, it's nearly impossible not to worry. Everyday I'm anticipating a change in his behavior...and I'm trying to appear happy and "normal" for him. I keep thinking back to the morning when I had to take him to Angell because he was foaming at the mouth and refusing to eat, and Nik kept saying "you MUST remain calm! He can sense your anxiety!"

So, this means that I have an adaptable dog who also picks up on all of my insanity. I'm screwed.

That said, he seems to be doing fine (aside from the peeing on the bed incident...and an infection in his face wrinkles which was/is really quite horrifying and disgusting), and is still happy with the little things, like our evening couch time. Now that the morning routine has changed, he's even behaving while I'm in the shower (knock on wood).

While I try to focus on me and figure out how to make positive changes in life to get me to a better place, I'm also going to spend a lot of time with my favorite monster. If nothing else, he's a great listener.

No comments: