10.23.2009

I spoke too soon

Remind me NEVER to make any more comments about Parker behaving while I'm in the shower. OK? Thursday morning I exit the shower and see the Comcast remote control on the rug in the hallway outside of the bathroom. I'm not really sure why I took a moment to think about whether or not I had left it there...because that answer is pretty obvious.

I pick it up, look at it, and then look at my friend the MONSTER sitting innocently in the kitchen. (If I could read his thoughts at that moment, they would have been "mom, that was SO five minutes ago"), I then bring it over to him so that he remembers his handy work when I'm yelling at him...
Some of you are probably thinking, "gee, Kate, this sounds awfully familiar." For those of you who aren't, I draw your attention here.

I didn't have the heart to check and see if it worked before I left the house. I knew that if it didn't, the thought of having to wait to get a new remote before I could watch everything I had on DVR would make me want to chuck something off of my porch. Fortunately for Captain Destructo, it did work when I got home last night, and we were able to curl up and watch a few episodes of Glee.

Since I started watching Glee, I've noticed that Parker takes a particular interest in it. Usually he only watches TV with me when there's a dog on screen (Cesar Millan is his personal favorite), but there's something about this show that he finds interesting and entertaining. Last night while I lay on the couch watching an episode with Parker on my lap, I noticed that he stopped chewing on his rope to watch this scene with me. If only he was bopping his head along with the music, now that would have been fanpugintastic.

In other news, Parker spent last weekend at his buddy Bob's house and had a blast. It was a bit chilly on Saturday when they went out, so Parker wore one of Bob's jackets and apparently didn't want to ever take it off. When Martin went to put it on Bob the next day, Parker tried to wiggle his way in! So, now I need to purchase him one for the winter.

Tomorrow night we are off to a birthday pawty for his puggle friend Sophie. I will be sure to get some photos.

No comments: