7.30.2009

Pay some attention to me, please.

Unfortunately, Nikki and I have had various things going on the past few evenings, and Parker isn't too happy about it. He's feeling ignored and perhaps slightly pissed off. Both Tuesday and Wednesday, I came home to feed him and take him for a walk, and then I had to put him back in his pen. One night he actually hid from me under the coffee table (that was fun), to avoid being left again. It broke my heart a little bit, until I realized that I was running late and became annoyed.

Both nights, we returned and found his pen in COMPLETE disarray. It looked like a tornado hit the 3' x 3' square of the living room that is his space. He had flipped over his bed, pulled the towel off of the top of the crate, spilled his water, pulled all the blankets out of the inside of the crate, and shifted the shape of his pen from a square into lightning bolt. I wish I had a picture of this, but don't worry I'm sure that I'll have more opportunities to capture it on camera.

So that's clearly how Parker deals with being pissed off at us. I interpret pen destruction to mean "F you, moms. now clean this up and i'll go grab one of your socks and hide under the bed."

This morning, I tried to spend a little extra time playing with him before getting ready for work. We played fetch with his donut:

...which I adore because half the time you can't see his face, just a giant red blob coming towards you. He's been really into keep away lately. He gets bored with fetch after 3 or so minutes and gets into his "come and get me sucka" pose. Great fun for all involved.

When he (begrudgingly) went into his pen this morning, I promised him some quality time tonight.

No comments: